Sunday, August 31, 2008

Potty Training Laughs

After months of trying to get Emmitt potty trained we are at our wits end. We have tried just about everything and the kid will NOT poo in the toilet. (We have one last trick up our sleeve and that's slipping him a laxative like in Dumb and Dumber so he won't be able to hold it in for days like he does now). Anyway, I was determined tonight to have Emmitt go #2 in the toilet because I know he's been playing peek-a-boo all day in his underwear. So I sat him down on the toilet at about 9:30pm Sunday night and told him that he wasn't going to move off the toilet until he went "black" in the toilet (He calls pee "green" and poo "black"). After about an hour Lorie came in and wanted mercy, but I was not about to come this far without success. So he sat there just as patiently as I was. Good thing I had a book to read. Finally, around 11pm he had leaned over to rest on the bath tub. A few minutes later I heard him snoring!!!!! I couldn't believe it. This kid has got some serious fortitude. I guess he wins this round. We'll see what happens after we slip him a mickey.

2 comments:

Danica Osborn said...

LOL!!!!!!!!! That's one of the funniest things I've ever heard. Way to follow through though. Good luck with that!

genevievepelissie said...

lol! That is some serious resolve. You're not making me feel any better about our potty training adventure yet to come. :(